Competent Person Excavations
This advanced Competent Person, Excavations online safety course is designed to teach supervisors, managers and owners how to choose a person or persons to act as a competent person with detailed knowledge of excavation safety. OSHA regulations and State requirements will be examined in detail to ensure the right person is selected for the position of a competent person in excavation safety training.
This online excavation safety course is to be used by supervisors, managers and owners to ensure they follow OSHA and State regulations in naming a competent person to oversee trenching and excavation safety.
- Construction Supervisors
- Construction Managers
- Construction Owners
This online safety course will demonstrate the statutory requirements you need to know in appointing the appropriate personnel to be designated as a competent person and what they need for deep excavation safety training. The duties, responsibilities, expertise and training of the competent person must be sufficient to oversee excavation projects on a construction site.
- Introduction to Competent Person Excavations
- Naming a Competent Person (CP)
- Competent Person Responsibilities
- California and Other States
- Federal OSHA Requirements
- State Standards
- Competent Person
- Trench Excavation Safety
- OSHA Title 29, Part 1926
- OSHA Technical Manual
- Title 8 Code of California Regulations
- Construction Safe Orders
Features and Benefits
ClickSafety’s Competent Person, Excavations online course will show you the requirements for naming a competent person for the purpose of construction excavations. After successfully completing this course, you will:
- Understand the definition of a competent person
- Know the specific qualifications for naming someone a competent person
- Be able to correctly evaluate an employee for the purpose of naming him/her a CP