Control of Hazardous Energies (COHE) R2
Control of Hazardous Energies is an introductory online safety course on the recognition and control of hazardous energy or COHE. OSHA has adopted and enforces the hazardous energies standard, sometimes called Lockout/Tagout or LOTO. The standard requires that employers recognize hazardous energy, evaluate the hazard, adopt control procedures and train all employees who work on or around machines and equipment in a hazardous energy control program.
This Control of Hazardous Energies online course is designed for workers who are required to follow OSHA, COHE and LOTO standards.
The Control of Hazardous Energies (COHE) online training course focuses on OSHA’s requirements for employee safety. You will learn the COHE/LOTO program training requirements, which includes recognizing hazardous energy sources, knowing the type and magnitude of energy present and the means by which energy can be isolated and controlled.
- Introduction to Control of Hazardous Energies
- Common Hazardous Energies
- OSHA Standards
- Hazardous Energy Isolation
- COHE/LOTO Program
- Situational Analysis
- Process Safety Management (PSM)
Features and Benefits
ClickSafety’s Control of Hazardous Energies (COHE) online safety course provides the basics of hazardous energy. When you have successfully completed this course, you will:
- Be able to describe hazardous energy
- Identify 6 basic groups of hazardous energies
- Identify OSHA standards applying to hazardous energy
- Describe the concept of hazardous energy isolation
- Understand 5 elements of effective lockout/tagout