The dangers of Cotton Dust are explored in this introductory online safety course. Cotton dust can be overlooked as a problem and the standard for cotton dust was published in 1978 after the problem was recognized. This course will show you how to deal with this hazard in the workplace. It focuses on the OSHA Standard as covered by Subpart Z 29 CFR 1910.1043 for General Industry.
General industry workers and management will benefit from this cotton dust safety training.
- General Industry Workers
- General Industry Supervisors
- General Industry Managers
The purpose of this Cotton Dust safety course is to aid the prevention of brown lung disease. This is done by defining cotton dust and explaining the many ways it can be harmful. We will discuss exposure prevention and safety requirements as laid out in the OSHA standard.
- Properties of Cotton Dust
- Exposure to Cotton Dust
- Cotton Dust Health Hazards
- Cotton Dust Safety Requirements
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- Federal OSHA
- Chemical Abstract Service (CAS)
- Permissible Exposure Limit (PEL)
- National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health (NIOSH)
- Action Level (AL)
Features and Benefits
By taking ClickSafety’s Cotton Dust online safety course, you will learn how cotton dust can be hazardous. Along with understanding what cotton dust is, OSHA PEL's and AL, you will learn the following:
- Route of Exposure
- Means of Exposure
- Symptoms of Exposure
- Exposure Controls