Ethylene Oxide is an introductory online safety course following OSHA’s standard for this hazardous chemical. This course focuses on the properties, primary use, routes of exposure and symptoms of exposure. You will also learn the requirements for exposure monitoring, medical surveillance, employee communications and record-keeping.
Ethylene Oxide is intended for any worker who may be exposed to this chemical by inhalation and skin absorption.
- General Industry Workers
- General Industry Supervisors
Ethylene Oxide is found in the production of solvents, antifreeze, textiles, detergents, adhesives, polyurethane foam and pharmaceuticals. It is also a flammable, colorless gas, at temperatures above 51.3 F, that smells like ether at toxic levels. This course focuses on the harmful effects of this chemical and how you can take precautionary measures to prevent exposure.
- Introduction to Ethylene Oxide
- Properties of and Exposure to
- Safety Requirements
- Chemical Abstracts Service
Features and Benefits
ClickSafety’s Ethylene Oxide reviews the basic uses, hazards, safe work controls and work practices specific to Ethylene Oxide. When you have successfully completed this course, you will:
- Know the basic uses of Ethylene Oxide
- Understand hazards of the chemical
- Use safe work controls and work practices
- Use personal protective equipment when working around the chemical