Gas Monitoring and Calibration
This introductory Gas Monitoring and Calibration online safety course focuses on the instruments designed to protect personnel from unseen hazards in various workplace environments, including confined spaces. During this natural gas safety training, you will understand how vital it is that the instruments are maintained and calibrated properly. Natural gas safety is also outlined in this course through a discussion of OSHA’s bulletin, "Verification of Calibration for Direct-Reading Portable Gas Monitors" (SHIB 05-04-2004).
This online training is designed for construction workers and managers who are responsible for performing gas monitoring and calibration.
- Construction Managers
- Construction Supervisors
- Construction Employees
This online safety course will discuss the risk of illness or injury from respiratory hazards due to oxygen deficiency or the presence of toxic gases. In addition, the course will outline the importance of gas monitoring and the proper training of employees to ensure safety on the job site.
- Gas Monitoring Instruments
- Instrument Inaccuracy and Responsiveness
- Calibration, Accuracy and Calibration Drift
- Types of Calibration
- Gas Monitoring and Calibration Review
Features and Benefits
ClickSafety’s Gas Monitoring and Calibration online course offers recommendations for gas monitoring and promotes the frequent testing of instruments. Once you have successfully completed this course, you will:
- Know the inherent risk of injury and illness from respiratory hazards
- Be aware of the detection technology and products that exist to minimize the risks
- Properly verify the accuracy of gas detection equipment daily