GHS for Managers, Supervisors and Safety Personnel
This Award-winning advanced Globally Harmonized System (GHS) for Managers, Supervisors and Safety Personnel online course addresses the recent changes to OSHAs hazard communication standard and the movement to establish a globally harmonized hazard communication system. Major changes to the Hazard Communication Standard covered by this course include Hazard Classification, Labels, Safety Data Sheets (SDS) and Information and Training, as well as benefits of changes, impact on transportation, workplace and consumer.
This "GHS for Managers, Supervisors and Safety Personnel" course has been awarded the ASSE Safety 2014 Attendee Choice Award.
PER OSHA: All employees must be trained in the new Hazard Communication (HazCom) Standard, including the new label elements and safety data sheet (SDS) format, before December 1, 2013.
This Globally Harmonized System (GHS) online safety course provides in-depth information for Managers, Supervisors, Safety Personnel and others with chemical safety responsibilities needing detailed, yet fundamental, GHS information. This course may be useful in assisting Developers and Administrators of Injury and Illness Prevention Programs (I2P2) and related procedures (e.g. Hazard Communication procedure) meet their company and regulatory procedures. This course is not intended for laborers, line-workers or others with little or no exposure to hazardous chemicals due to the technical nature of much of the information presented.
- Trucking Supervisors
- Construction and General Industry Safety, Industrial Hygiene and Environmental Personnel
- Construction and General Industry Supervisors
- Construction and General Industry Managers
- Suppliers, Distributors and those that Warehouse Hazardous Chemicals and Substances
- Others with safety responsibilities for Hazardous Chemicals and Hazardous Substances
Upon completion, the student will be able to identify major changes in the Safety Data Sheet (SDS) format, describe the new GHS Pictograms that identify the general hazards associated with a given chemical based on the updated label and SDS requirements, have a greater understanding of the new system for hazard classification (chemical, physical and environmental), and recognize employer requirements to prepare for and implement the new requirements. References are also provided that will assist students in additional sources of information and assistance.
- Introduction to Globally Harmonized System
- General Safety Requirements
- Impact of Current Regulations
- Hazard Classification (physical, health and environmental)
- GHS Physical Hazards
- GHS Health and Environmental Hazards
- Hazard Communication
Features and Benefits
ClickSafety’s advanced Globally Harmonized System (GHS) online safety course will provide in-depth information for Managers, Supervisors, Safety personnel and others with chemical safety responsibilities needing the details of GHS for the development and administration of their IIPP (and related programs such as Hazard Communication) for their employees exposed to physical, health and environmental hazards. After successfully completing this course, the student should know:
- OSHAs new Hazard Communication Standard (HCS)
- Physical, Health and Environmental Classification of Hazards
- Label Format and Workplace Containers
- Safety Data Sheets (SDS) vs. Material Safety Data Sheets (MSDS)
In addition, you will be able to:
- Describe the benefits of GHS
- List common Physical, Health and Environmental hazards
- Describe the impact of current regulations on transportation, workplaces and consumers