Hazardous Energy Awareness Safety Pack
Save $20.00 with this introductory Hazardous Energy Awareness Safety Pack! Get 90-minutes of electrical safety training. This essential pack contains 3 of our top online safety courses for Contractors working with Electricity or Hazardous Energies on the job site. It also includes an introduction to OSHA's latest HazCom standard, including a review of GHS which took effect on December 1, 2013. In this pack, you will familiarize yourself with the following hazardous energy safety awareness topics:
- Control of Hazardous Energies (COHE) (20-Min)
- Hazard Communication Awareness (HazCom with GHS) (25-Min)
- NFPA 70E (2015 Edition), An Introduction (45-Min) - Earn 0.1 CEU!
This hazardous energy awareness pack is intended for Electrical Contractors who are beginning their careers. It provides a general overview of three of the top hazardous energy or electrical safety topics on a job site.
Learning Objectives by Course
Control of Hazardous Energies (COHE)
The Control of Hazardous Energies (COHE) online training course focuses on OSHA’s requirements for employee safety. You will learn the COHE/LOTO program training requirements, which includes recognizing hazardous energy sources, knowing the type and magnitude of energy present and the means by which energy can be isolated and controlled.
- Introduction to Control of Hazardous Energies
- Common Hazardous Energies
- OSHA Standards
- Hazardous Energy Isolation
- COHE/LOTO Program
- Situational Analysis
Hazard Communication Awareness (HazCom)
The introductory Hazard Communication Awareness online safety course covers the basic elements of OSHA’s Hazard Communication (often referred to as HazCom) Standard as found in 29 CFR 1910.1200. This course is intended to familiarize the student with the basics of the recent revisions to OSHA’s Hazard Communication Standard (HCS), including the 2012 revisions incorporating the Globally Harmonized System of Classification and Labeling of Chemicals (GHS). This training course has been developed directly from OSHA’s Hazard Communication requirements as outlined in the revised (2012) OSHA Hazard Communication Standard (HCS) and is intended to help employees meet the basic training requirements for Hazard Communication.
- Intro to Hazard Communication
- Background and Definitions
- Incorporation of GHS
- Hazardous Chemicals and Classification Basics
- Hazard Communication Responsibilities
- Manufacturers, Distributors, Suppliers, Importers
- Importance of Hazardous Chemical Inventory
- Hazard Communication Written Program
- Material Safety Data Sheets and Safety Data Sheets
- Information and Training
- Hazard Communication Checklist
NFPA 70E (2015 Edition), An Introduction (45-min)
The safety topics covered in this online safety course include identification of and protection from electrical safety hazards leading to arc flash and how to establish an electrically safe work condition as outlined in the NFPA 70E standard, updated in 2012.
- Arc Flash Hazards
- Understanding NFPA 70E
- Electrically Safe Work Condition
- Approach Boundaries
- Labels and PPE
- Employer Responsibilities