Hexavalent Chromium Awareness R2
This introductory Hexavalent Chromium online training course will teach you where this dangerous, potentially cancer-causing, chemical can be found on a construction work site. You will be taught safe practices to use in the event you become exposed to this chemical. This course will also discuss prohibited activities, as well as the necessity of respiratory protection when working around chromium.
This online Hexavalent Chromium safety course is designed for construction workers or general industry workers who may be exposed to this hazardous chemical.
- Construction Workers
- General Industry Workers
- Shipyard Workers
This Hexavalent Chromium online safety course will discuss the health hazards of exposure to this chemical, as well as methods for protecting your safety. You will also learn about the new OSHA requirements for using or being exposed to this chemical in construction.
- Introduction to Hexavalent Chromium
- Hexavalent Chromium Background
- Health Hazards
- OSHA Standard
- Standard Highlights
- Communication of Hazards
- Hexavalent Chromium
- OSHA Standard
- PEL (Permissible Exposure Limits)
- PPE (Personal Protective Equipment)
- MSDS (Material Safety Data Sheet)
- Hazard Communication
Features and Benefits
By taking ClickSafety’s Hexavalent Chromium online safety course, you will learn how you may be exposed to this hazardous chemical on the construction site. Once you have successfully completed this course, you will:
- Understand basic safety and health information about working around this hazardous chemical substance
- Know important OSHA standards that must be followed in the presence of this highly toxic chemical
- Know where to find additional resources