Introduction to Cal/OSHA
This Introduction to Cal/OSHA will instruct you about the origins and missions of California OSHA, as well as the key regulations. OSHA is a leader in the development and enforcement of occupational safety and health standards. This course will discuss the history of occupational safety and health, and how Cal/OSHA developed its regulations.
This Cal/OSHA online safety course is designed for construction workers and managers in California whose working conditions and operations are regulated by State and Federal OSHA regulations.
- Construction Managers in California
- Construction Supervisors in California
- Construction Employees in California
This online safety course will discuss what makes Cal/OSHA different from Federal OSHA. Some of Cal/OSHA’s regulations are more stringent than Federal standards, and this course discusses those standards and why they are important. This course will also provide details about the major units of Cal/OSHA.
- Cal/OSHA for Construction
- Introduction to Cal/OSHA
- Rights and Responsibilities
- Standards and Regulations
- Recordkeeping, Posting and Reporting
- Final Considerations
- Division of Occupational Safety and Health (DOSH)
- Injury and Illness Prevention Program (IIPP)
Features and Benefits
ClickSafety’s An Introduction to Cal/OSHA online safety course encourages the development of safety and health programs to reduce California workplace hazards. By successfully completing this course, you will:
- Have sources of assistance in the development, implementation and management of the IIPP
- Know the difference between Cal/OSHA and Federal OSHA
- Be aware of employee and employer rights and responsibilities
- Understand the reporting and recordkeeping programs
- Be able to adopt and enforce safety and health standards