Road Construction Common Hazards
Road Construction Common Hazards is an intermediate online safety course that will teach you about common road hazards that you are likely to face on a construction work site. You will be informed of driver and operator safety and how to work around mobile equipment. In addition, you will be provided with OSHA’s regulations regarding road construction safety.
This online course is designed for use by Road Construction workers and supervisors to learn more about safe working procedures around mobile construction equipment.
- Road Construction Workers
- Road Construction Supervisors
Road Construction Common Hazards focuses on the four major common road hazards you will encounter on a construction site. You will learn about the importance of driver/operator safety and how to work safely around mobile equipment. You will also be instructed about personnel hazards such as run-overs and back-overs, and about how to work safely at night.
- Introduction to Common Hazards in Road Construction
- Driver and Operator Safety
- Working Around Mobile Equipment
- Night Work
- Flagging Activities
- Road Construction Hazards
- OSHA CFR 1926 Safety and Health regulations for Construction, Manual of Uniform Traffic Control Devices
- Mobile Equipment
- Back-Up Alarms
- Work Area Lighting
Features and Benefits
By taking ClickSafety’s Road Construction Common Hazards online safety course, you will have a better understanding of how to stay safe while working around mobile equipment. When you have successfully completed this course, you will know:
- How to deal with the four most common road construction hazards found on the work site
- The importance and responsibilities of driver/operator safety while using mobile equipment
- How to work safely at night
- How to work safely as a construction site flagger