Bloodborne Pathogen (BBP) Hazards
Bloodborne Pathogen (BBP) Hazards is an intermediate online course that reviews basic safe work practices necessary to avoid exposure of bloodborne pathogens. Find out about the kinds of bloodborne pathogens that exist and the hazards associated with them. Remember, this training is not a substitute for any OSHA policies or U.S. Department of Labor guidelines.
Bloodborne Pathogen (BBP) Hazards is intended for all construction workers who are NOT required to provide first aid or CPR services as a condition of his/her employment.
This Bloodborne Pathogen (BBP) online safety course identifies three primary bloodborne pathogens, their hazards and what steps to take in the event of accidental exposure. You will be encouraged to increase your education on bloodborne pathogens by reviewing the reference guides 29 CFR 1910.1030. By the end of this online training, you will be shown how to avoid exposure to blood pathogens and where to go to report accidents and exposure incidents.
- Overview of Bloodborne Pathogens (BBP)
- Introduction to BBP
- Major Bloodborne Pathogens
- Prevention/Control of Exposure
- Accidents and Incidents
Features and Benefits
The ClickSafety Bloodborne Pathogen Hazards online safety course enhances your understanding of infectious materials. By following the guidelines presented in the course, you will:
- Know how to define a bloodborne pathogen
- Understand the hazards associated with the different kinds of bloodborne pathogens
- Have knowledge on where to go to report exposure
- Understand how to use appropriate protection and safe work practices