Work Zone Traffic Control
This is an intermediate online safety course that covers Work Zone Traffic Control. Find out how to promote the safety of workers and motorists while maintaining a smooth flow of traffic during highway maintenance and construction activities.
This work zone traffic control safety course is intended for all road construction workers and supervisors who work on or near highways.
- Road Construction Workers
- Road Construction Supervisors
The goal of this work zone traffic control course is to familiarize you with the hazards, the requirements, safe work practices and controls that will promote safety during construction and highway maintenance activities. You will also be encouraged to continue learning about hazards within the workplace by taking additional traffic control training courses and referring to the Manual of Uniform Traffic Control Devices (OSHA 29 CFR 1926.200).
- Introduction to Work Zone Traffic Safety
- Fundamentals of Work Zone Safety
- Traffic Control Plan
- Work Zone Design
- Basic Traffic Controls
- Highway Traffic Engineering Controls
- Highway Traffic Administrative
- Work Practice Controls
- Protective Vehicles and Equipment
- Special Considerations
- Supervisor Checklist
Features and Benefits
By taking ClickSafety’s Work Zone Traffic Control online safety course, you should be better prepared to work safely on or near highways. Upon successful completion, you will:
- Know how to plan and coordinate with agencies, emergency units and other traffic control safety services
- Understand how to safely install and remove traffic control devices
- Know the proper personal protective equipment needed for each type of work zone traffic control work, whether it is during the day or night