The Alcohol and Substance Abuse Awareness course from ClickSafety is an introductory online training designed to address substance abuse varying industries such as Construction, Transportation, and Healthcare which account for the top three industries with drug overdose deaths.
Substance abuse in the workplace can affect many facets of work including increased stress, low pay, and irregular schedules. Furthermore, implementation of proper safety programs is often severely impaired. Throughout this online training, participants can expect to better understand the risks associated with substance abuse and ways to prevent overuse and abuse.
ClickSafety’s Alcohol and Substance Abuse Awareness course is designed to shed light on the effects and impact of substance abuse in the workplace, as well as how to mitigate associated risks. Specific course topics include the following:
- Clear descriptions of common substance use disorders and the substances involved
- A discussion of the science of addiction, as well as strategies for recognizing and preventing substance use disorders
- Links to additional government and industry resources
- Practical tips to put your learning into context
- Knowledge checks throughout to measure your understanding