The Cal Respirable Crystalline Silica for General Industry online training from ClickSafety is designed to teach participants about respirable crystalline silica, also known as silica dust. Workers in a number of industries are exposed to respirable crystalline silica each work day, presenting both health and safety hazards.
This online training describes the nature of respirable crystalline silica, as well as what employers and employees can do to promote awareness, recognition, evaluation, and mitigation of the risk of potential health and safety concerns surrounding respirable crystalline silica. Responsibilities of the employer are also presented.
ClickSafety’s Cal Respirable Crystalline Silica for General Industry training is designed to teach participants about the hazards and risks associated with respirable crystalline silica in general industry, as well as how to mitigate potential risks. Specific course topics include the following:
- Information about what respirable silica is and why it is dangerous
- Explanations of the types of control measures and respiratory protection for workers at risk of exposure to respirable crystalline silica
- General descriptions of employer responsibilities and employee rights under the Cal/OSHA standard for respirable crystalline silica
- Practical tips to put your learning into context
- Knowledge checks throughout to measure your understanding
- Links to additional Cal/OSHA and industry resources