The Confined Spaces Awareness for Construction online course from ClickSafety is an introductory-level online safety course intended to teach participants about confined spaces in construction. Individuals will learn how to use their existing knowledge of confined spaces while learning about the newest safety procedures and ever-changing regulations.
Confined spaces include manholes, crawl spaces, and tanks not intended for continuous occupancy and may be difficult to exit in an emergency. Because construction workers often perform tasks in such confined spaces, these spaces may present inherent physical and atmospheric hazards. This course will address such hazards in order to provide training prior to entering such a worksite.
NOTICE: This course is primarily based on OSHA’s Confined Spaces in Construction Standard, as found in 29 CFR 1926 Subpart AA.
ClickSafety’s Confined Spaces Awareness for Construction online safety course offers participants a thorough and up-to-date understanding of the equipment, systems, and procedures necessary to assist workers in reducing the risks of workplace accidents associated with confined spaces. The course is intended to teach all participants to do the following:
- Identify examples of confined spaces and the potential dangers associated with them
- Recognize OSHA’s strict requirements for confined spaces in construction as found in CFR 1926, Subpart AA
- Understand the major differences between a confined space and a permit-required confined space
- Recognize that select, trained, and authorized persons are the only individuals who may enter a permit-required confined space
Specific course topics include the following:
- An introduction to confined spaces, and the backgrounds and definitions associated with them
- Common types of confined spaces in construction
- Common hazards associated with confined soaces
- Importance of confined space location recognition
- Importance of signage and labels
- Reporting potential hazards
- Summary of confined spaces in construction
Specific industry terms addressed within the course include the following:
- Confined spaces
- Early warning system
- Entry and entry permit
- Hazardous atmosphere, engulfment & entrapment
- Permit-required confined spaces
- Immediately dangerous to life or health (IDLH)
- Lockout and tagout (LOTO)