The Data Privacy, General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) & Information Security online training from ClickSafety explains the concepts of data privacy, information security, and asset protection. Participants of the course will gain a thorough understanding of technological advancements, current challenges, and potential threats.
Additionally, participants will learn an understanding of their roles and responsibilities in regard to protecting personal and confidential information, as well as how to keep information systems secure.
ClickSafety’s Data Privacy, GDPR & Information Security course discusses the networks and computer systems connecting individual companies to the outside world, as well as data privacy and how the workplace handles them. Specific course topics include the following:
- Protecting personal identifiable information (PII)
- Working with confidential information
- Overview of key privacy regulations, including the following:
- Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA)
- Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act
- CAN-SPAM Act
- Physical safeguards
- Cyber risks, including social engineering, phishing, malware, sharing passwords, ransomware, pharming, spear phishing, watering hole, and social media
- Preventing cyber risks through the following methods:
- Protecting physical assets
- Identity theft
- Reporting incidents