The Hydrogen Sulfide Awareness course from ClickSafety is an introductory-level online training designed to introduce participants to hydrogen sulfide, a colorless, flammable, and highly toxic gas. Shipped as a liquefied compressed gas, hydrogen sulfide has a distinct rotten egg odor.
It is a by-product of many industrial practices including petroleum refining, tanning, mining, wood pulp processing, rayon manufacturing, sugar beet processing, and even hot asphalt paving. Participants will learn the basics of working around this dangerous but useful and common chemical in the Manufacturing sector.
ClickSafety’s Hydrogen Sulfide Awareness training teaches basic safety awareness tips for working around hydrogen sulfide in Manufacturing. Participants can expect to discuss the background, health hazard summary, and OSHA best practices for working with this chemical. Specific course topics include the following:
- Means of exposure
- Information about hydrogen sulfide and the environment
- OSHA standards and guidelines for contact
- Acute and chronic health effects of hydrogen sulfide, including cancer and reproduction
- Instruction for what to do if you smell hydrogen sulfide
- OSHA guidance for comprehensive training
- Recommendations for hydrogen sulfide air monitoring
- Links to additional resources
- Knowledge checks to measure your understanding