The National Fire Protection Agency (NFPA) 70E for Qualified Persons course from ClickSafety is a certificate/card-level training designed for all those seeking employer authorization as a qualified person. A qualified person is defined as someone who has demonstrated skills and knowledge related to the construction and operation of electrical equipment and installations and has received safety training to identify and avoid the hazards involved.
This NFPA 70E for Qualified Persons course is designed to be taken in conjunction with on-the-job, equipment-specific training and supervision in order to enter into work as a designated qualified person.
Choose the right version for you: ClickSafety offers multiple versions of this course. Please check the requirements of your employer and/or state to select the appropriate version:
2018 Edition: This version of the course provides training pertaining to the 2018 edition of the NFPA 70E standards.
2021 Edition: This course version covers the 2021 NFPA 70E requirements for Qualified Persons. Several significant changes were made in the 2021 edition of the NFPA 70E, including:
- Revisions to help estimate the likelihood of an arc flash incident during initial energization of new equipment.
- Energy thresholds for electrical equipment and systems in laboratories, reflecting the data in the Informational Note’s resource document.
- New article on the safety-related requirements for capacitors.
- Article 110 now incorporates the general requirements that were previously in other articles.
- New subsection requires that an employer’s electrical safety program include a policy on establishing an electrically safe work condition.
- New table for rubber insulating gloves was added as well as requirements for arc rated outerwear such as high visibility vests.
2021 Edition w/ Voice Authentication: This course uses voice authentication, a requirement in certain states to meet online course proctoring requirements. These voice-authenticated courses represent a best practice to ensure the identity of the student by prompting users to periodically verify their voice throughout the course. Users must have access to a mobile phone or landline while taking the course to successfully meet this requirement.
ClickSafety’s NFPA 70E for Qualified Persons training is designed to cover the NFPA standards for electrical workers seeking the qualified person status or those that require retraining. Specific course topics include:
- Introduction to NFPA 70E
- Establishing electrically safe work conditions
- Working while exposed to electrical hazards
- Personal protective equipment (PPE)
- Requirements for safety-related maintenance and special equipment