The Temporary Worker Safety and Health Awareness for Manufacturing course is a 60-minute introductory-level online training designed to promote a safe and healthy Manufacturing workplace in industrial facilities. While this is often training provided for permanent employees, ClickSafety recognizes the need for proper safety and health training for temporary workers, as well.
Throughout the Temporary Worker Safety and Health Awareness for Manufacturing course, participants can expect to learn best practices for safety, as well as ways to better protect oneself from hazards and injuries in an industrial workspace.
ClickSafety’s Temporary Worker Safety and Health Awareness for Manufacturing teaches participants best practices for health and safety in the workplace, helping to protect temporary workers from job hazards, illnesses, injuries, and fatalities. Specific course topics include the following:
- Definitions of host employer, staffing agency, temporary worker, and dual employment
- A summary of the importance of employee safety in the workplace, including five factors that affect safety at work
- Temporary worker rights and issues
- Roles and responsibilities shared by the host employer and the staffing agency
- Safety and health training required in the workplace, including training for personal protective equipment (PPE), hazard communication (HAZCOM), BBPs (bloodborne pathogens), PITs (powered industrial trucks), and the control of hazardous energy known as lockout tagout (LOTO).
- OSHA regulations for employers’ written HAZCOM program
- Resources for temporary workers
- Links to additional information and assistance
- Knowledge checks to measure your understanding