Studies show that in the United States, every six minutes, a teenager working is injured seriously enough to require hospital treatment, and 30-50 teens and young workers die each year. Awareness of potential hazards, proper procedures, and training creates a strong safety culture in the workplace.
The Young Workers Safety and Health for Supervisors training from ClickSafety is an introductory-level online training designed to provide supervisorial participants with essential knowledge and information, tools, and effective strategies needed to create and maintain a safe and healthy working environment for all young employees.
ClickSafety’s Young Workers Safety and Health for Supervisors training is designed to benefit all workplaces that employ younger workers who may need to bolster a stronger workplace culture. Specific course topics include the following:
- Safety awareness issues specific to young workers
- The process of hazard recognition, evaluation, and control
- What to do in a workplace emergency.
- Factors affecting the wellness and well-being of young workers
- Employer and supervisorial responsibilities regarding young workers
- Links to additional information and assistance
- Knowledge checks to measure your understanding