Trenching and Excavation
Trenching and Excavation is an intermediate online safety course that will help you understand the OSHA Excavation Standard. Learn about specific excavation requirements, the soil classification system and mandates for protective systems. While completing this excavation and trenching safety training, you are encouraged to follow along with the OSHA Excavation Standard 1926.650, Subpart P.
This Trenching and Excavation online safety course is intended for all supervisory personnel, especially:
- Construction Superintendents
- Construction Foremen
- Construction Project Managers
In this Trenching and Excavation safety course, you will learn about various standardized construction practices for identifying and correcting hazards. This course will also break down specific techniques to use when working with equipment in an excavation.
- Introduction to Trenching and Excavation
- History of OSHA Excavation Standard
- Specific Excavation Requirements
- Soil Classification System
- Requirements for Protective Systems
- Designs Using the OSHA "Standard"
- Support Systems, Shield Systems and Other Protective Systems
- Materials and Equipment
- Installation and Removal
- OSHA Excavation Standard
Features and Benefits
By taking ClickSafety’s Trenching and Excavation online safety course, you will learn safe work practices according to the Federal OSHA Excavation Standard. Once you have successfully completed this trench and excavation class, you will:
- Understand the OSHA safety standards and other excavation requirements
- Understand how to effectively protect yourself from excavation hazards
- Know the soil classification system