The Cal/OSHA Noise Exposure Awareness online training from ClickSafety addresses worksite noise – common in many workplaces. Cal/OSHA sets legal limits on noise exposure in the California workplace, and many employers are required to develop, implement, and maintain a Hearing Conservation Program to assess, monitor and protect the hearing of exposed employees.
ClickSafety’s Cal/OSHA Noise Exposure Awareness training is designed to help participants understand exposure to, assessment, control of, and protections required for adverse worksite noise, as well as how to minimize risk.
ClickSafety’s Cal/OSHA Noise Exposure Awareness training helps participants understand the basics of noise hazard awareness, recognition, evaluation and controls. Specific course topics include the following:
- Information about sound, the function of the ear, and the effects of noise on hearing
- Explanations of how noise is measured and some of the risk factors for hearing loss
- Descriptions of actions employers and employees you can take to conserve hearing at work and at home
- Practical tips to put your learning into context
- Knowledge checks throughout to measure your understanding
- Links to additional Cal/OSHA and industry resources