Studies show that in the United States, every six minutes, a teenager working is injured seriously enough to require hospital treatment, and 30-50 teens and young workers die each year. Awareness of potential hazards, proper procedures, and training creates a strong safety culture in the workplace.
The Young Workers Safety and Health Awareness training from ClickSafety is an introductory-level online training designed to provide essential knowledge and information, tools, and effective strategies participants need to create and maintain a safe workplace environment.
ClickSafety’s Young Workers Safety and Health Awareness training is designed to benefit all workplaces that employ younger workers who may need to bolster a stronger workplace culture. Specific course topics include the following:
- Safety awareness issues specific to young workers
- The process of hazard recognition, evaluation, and control
- What to do in a workplace emergency.
- Factors affecting the wellness and well-being of young workers
- Young workers’ rights and responsibilities
- Links to additional information and assistance
- Knowledge checks to measure your understanding