DBCP is an introductory online safety course that focuses on DBCP, the friendly name for the chemical compound called 1,2-Dibromo-3-chloropropane. This course introduces DBCP as covered by Subpart Z 29 CFR 1910.1044 for General Industry. DBCP was used as a soil fumigant and a nematocide, a type of insecticide on crops. DBCP is no longer used except as an intermediate in chemical synthesis.
Workers and management in General Industry will benefit from this online course covering a formerly widely used chemical.
- General Industry Workers
- General Industry Supervisors
- General Industry Managers
This online course addresses typical uses of DBCP, sources, potential exposure and chemical and physical properties. You will learn the hazards and health effects, symptoms of acute and chronic exposure, primary exposure routes, which OSHA standards apply and the exposure limits and recommended exposure controls.
- Introduction to DBCP
- Properties of DBCP
- DBCP Exposure and Health Hazards
- Safety Requirements
- Soil fumigant
- Permissible Exposure Limit (PEL)
Features and Benefits
ClickSafety’s DBCP online safety course introduces you to this industry chemical. When you have successfully completed this class, you will know:
- Typical DBCP uses
- Sources and potential exposure
- Chemical and physical properties
- Hazards and health effects
- Symptoms of acute and chronic exposure
- Primary routes of exposure
- OSHA standards applicable to DBCP
- Exposure limits and recommended exposure controls