The Hazard Communication for Managers and Supervisors online training course is an advanced-level course designed for supervisors, managers, and employers. Offering introductory and specialized materials to enable participants to better recognize, eliminate and/or reduce occupational safety and health hazards in work environments in which there are hazardous chemicals.
Participants in the course will cover in detail OSHA’s revised Globally Harmonized Communication (GHS) requirements for hazard classification, as well as safety data sheets and product labels. Developed directly from OSHA’s Hazard Communication (HazCom) requirements as outlined in the revised OSHA Hazard Communication Standard (HCS), this course is intended to ensure all participants meet their basic training requirements for hazard communication.
NOTICE: We suggest that all supervisors and managers also take ClickSafety’s Hazard Communication Advanced for All Industries online course, which provides a thorough background and introduction to applicable OSHA HazCom standard.
ClickSafety’s Hazard Communication for Supervisors & Managers online safety course is designed specifically to explain the OSHA Hazard Communication standard, the elements of a hazard communication plan, associated responsibilities, GHS chemical hazard classification, and more. Specific course topics include the following:
- Introduction, background, definitions, and incorporation of hazard communication
- Hazardous chemicals and classification basics
- Hazard communication responsibilities for individuals including manufacturers, distributors, suppliers, importers, employees, supervisors, and managers
- Hazard communication program elements including a written program, responsible staff, inventory, labeling and elements thereof, appropriate statements, and more
- Information and training, such as tips, safety, health, and compliance
- Trade secrets
General methods for hazardous chemical detection, protection, and control
- Additional sources of information specific to hazard communication
- Compliance checklist for supervisors and managers
Specific industry terms covered throughout the course include the following:
- Hazard communication, HCS, HCP, employee right to know
Safety data sheets (SDS) and material safety data sheets (MSDS)
- Precautionary statement, pictogram, and signal word
- Trade secrets