Hazardous Chemicals in Laboratories
Hazardous Chemicals in Laboratories is an online safety course that introduces you to OSHA’s standard entitled, "Occupational exposure to hazardous chemicals in laboratories" as covered by Subpart Z 29 CFR 1910.1450 for General Industry. OSHA, recognizing the unique characteristics of the laboratory workplace, tailored a standard for occupational exposure to hazardous chemicals in laboratories. This course will focus on laboratory standards, requirements and safe practices for working around hazardous chemicals.
Hazardous Chemicals in Laboratories is intended for anyone working in laboratories around dangerous or harmful chemicals.
- Industrial Employees
- Clinical Employees
- Academic Laboratory Employees
Hazardous Chemicals in Laboratories is an online course that teaches general industry standard number 1910.1450. This course will inform you of the requirements for exposure monitoring, chemical hygiene plan, information and training and medical surveillance. You will also be provided with the requirements for labels, MSDS's, Respirators and record-keeping.
- Laboratory Standard
- Safetu Requirements
- Hazardous Chemicals Summary
- OSHA General Industry Standard 1910.1450
- Chemical Hygiene Plan (CHP)
- Material Safety Data Sheets (MSDS)
Features and Benefits
ClickSafety’s Hazardous Chemicals in Laboratories online safety course covers the requirements for working around hazardous chemicals. When you have successfully completed this course, you will:
- Understand the requirements for exposure monitoring
- Know the chemical hygiene plan (CHP)
- Know medical surveillance
- Understand the requirements for labels and MSDS's
- Know the requirements for respirators and record-keeping